Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

So it's kinda a long story..but to sum it all up I like witnessed my ex boyfriend of 8 years and my new boyfriend get into a little confertation about a year ago and the cops came and took a report. And a year goes by And nothing ever happened and then my ex got pulled over and arrested for that crime a year ago against my current boyfriend. So anyhow, he is looking at quiet some time. Like 5 years I believe cause of a prior within the last 5 years or something like that as well as 7 years prior to this whole incident me and Ryan (the ex) had a domestic violence case with each other. Well I was the victim of this case. But that was over and we were great for years with never violence again.. So my ex boyfriend came over tonight to where I currently live and was upset and crying because we were friends for almost 10 years now. I mean not the best since we split a few years back. But we have a child together so we will always have a connection as far as staying corrigail. And he said they attorneys or whoever told him in court that only I made the report and I said a bunch of stuff that I can't remember saying...and honestly I could have said something..i was angry at the whole situation the night if the incident but I just wanna get a copy of my report maybe or like the case following... Oh and he got out on a bail I believe

Asked on 11/19/19, 9:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

The proper answer to your long posting is that HE needs to contact and hire an experienced criminal defense attorney, like one of us here, unless you are the one paying for the attorney - in which case you can make the appointment for consultation together with him. Obviously he had an arrest warrant outstanding against him, which is why he was taken into custody. His attorney can discuss the case with him and offer legal advice after getting all the actual facts on the case from the defendant. All you can get from this site is 'general' guidance about how to handle the situation, and exposure to experienced attorneys available to properly consult with.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/19, 9:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California