Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I got pulled over with my passenger they found small amount drugs I denied it not wanting to loose my vehicle ,so my passenger got charged and it was not his fault it was mine how do I let the court know the truth if no one has contacted me ,and his public defender won't talk to Me i don't know what to do to make it right?

Asked on 2/12/19, 5:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

I applaud your desire to make it right, To do so, you would have to contaact the DA office and confess the truth, which would likely result in you being arrested and charged instead of him. You should do this only with the assistance of counsel, who may be able to negotiate a deal of some kind in advance of you turning yourself in. If you can't afford private counsel, contact the PD office for help. It is quite 'odd' that his PD won't talk to you, so you. would have to go to their courthouse office and explain your intent.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/19, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California