Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Hi, I have a situation. I sold a guy an expensive pair of limited addition shoes. The price was +$1,000. We meet in person. He transferred the funds via Cashapp. He disputed the charge with his bank & he was refunded the money. The money was removed from my bank account. He now has the shoes and the money. I tried contacting him, but he has not responded. I filed a claim with my bank, but there’s no guarantee that the money will be returned to my account. I had a witness with me. I have proof of the transaction with an entire conversation via text. I contacted the police and they suggested that I consult with a lawyer. I would like to know if this is something that I can pursue further with legal action. Thank you for your time.

Asked on 5/13/20, 12:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

It would be a small claims matter. Check the courts: website. An attorney could write a demand letter for you.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/20, 12:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California