Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Im trying to surpress a strike from my case because the strike is old.the strike is 2011.

Asked on 8/14/15, 4:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

That doesn't sound old to me. If you're facing a second or third strike, you should already have a competent defense lawyer working for you. Please discuss your options with her. If you don't have a lawyer yet, get one immediately. The court will appoint one for you if you can't afford counsel.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/15, 4:59 pm
Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

Your lawyer (this is NOT a do-it-yourself project) should look into filing a Romero motion to ask the court to strike the prior strike for the purpose of sentencing.

You call it "old." It really isn't. Typically, an "old" conviction is 10 or more years old.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/15, 5:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California