Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I have not been in any trouble, however I got a notice in the mail that my cal grant has been stopped due to advice they received that as of Oct 3 11 I was reported as a fleeing felon violating parole. The issuing city/State was San Jose CA . So I called a bail bonds man to help me prepare to address this thing so I could relax. He then walked across the street to the jail to check for me. NOTHING came up. I supplied him with the alleged warrant tag# too. Still Nothing. The bondsman has the request and results from the sheriffs dept in writing. Meanwhile I have no grant anymore for school and I have requested a hearing to reinstate it. What on earth can I take to the hearing to satisfy the arbitrator I am not a felon on the run. All I have is the bondsman query results stamped by the sheriff?

Asked on 2/01/12, 9:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Fleetwood Mister DUI-800-468-2-502

(1). You don't need a bondsman's help, that proves nothing.

(2). You need an attorney to contact the agency that alleges you were a fleeing felon. If you do it yourself, you risk losing your case and go to prison.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/12, 9:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California