Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I was arrested for a DWI (in San Mateo County CA) and the police officer reported me to the Department of Drivers Safety but did not give any reason for reporting me. I did not have a lapse of consciousness or medical issues, however i learned that my license was suspended when i went to renew it months later. The Dept. of Drivers Safety said this is very unusual to have no written reason because i have no specific condition for a DR to check. However they want me to get checked out before my hearing. I “won” my DMV hearing and i am able to get my restricted license at anytime (my arrest was in 2015 and the case was dragged out for over 2 years).

My question is “do i need legal counsel for my hearing at the Dept of Drivers Safety? I hope that it will be less complicated to get my license back due to the fact that there was no “condition” recorded and as far as i know, there was no legitimate reason to report me.

Asked on 5/31/18, 1:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You can , but don't need to, have an attorney. The choice is yours, based on your ability to understand the process and implications involved, and say the right things without help. Suggest you consult with one to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/18, 6:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California