Legal Question in Education Law in California

Do I have to be a legal guardian in order to enroll my 15 year old brother in school? He is currently living in ohio and I would like to move him to San Diego to stay with me and catch up in school.

Asked on 11/21/11, 11:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Goff James R. Goff, Attorney at Law

If you are 18 years old or older, you have the option of having your brother's educational rights transferred to you from both parents or becoming his guardian. He should also be living with you when you apply to be appointed his guardian.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/11, 12:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in California