Legal Question in Elder Law in California

My eldest adult son obtained Orange County Superior Court determination that I do not have the capacity to handle my own financial and health care decisions. What is your resolution ? Philip Chien [email protected] 949-664-5222

Asked on 7/05/18, 9:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

Hello Mr. Chien,

I have not looked at the court file, but you apparently need to challenge the court's decision. This is likely not a proceeding you want to handle without first having an attorney review the court file to date. You may also want to have the attorney represent you in that proceeding, to give you the best chance of success.

An attorney cannot provide any kind of advice in a public forum, since that advice should be confidential. The court's decision will obviously turn on an examination of your ability to handle your own affairs. You need to speak with an attorney, however, that handles contested conservatorship matters, and possibly claims of elder abuse. You should be able to find an attorney here on LawGuru, through your local senior center, through the Orange County Bar Association, or through a general search on the internet for attorneys that handle this type of claim.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/18, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California