Legal Question in Entertainment Law in California

I'm working on a contract between two film producers, an Attachment Agreement to shop the project. We are both "Producers," so I'm unclear what to call us to differentiate us throughout the document. One of us has a production company (an LLC) and the other does not. What to do? Thanks!

Asked on 12/14/16, 11:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith E. Cooper Keith E. Cooper, Esq.

You should use your names to differentiate. The LLC would typically be referred to as "Company" and the individual would be referred to by last name. Frankly, there's no required method of naming as long as it's clear and consistent. In the olden days, contracts often referred to "Party of the First Part" and "Party of the Second Part".

Read more
Answered on 12/19/16, 6:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in California