Legal Question in Environmental Law in California

Can I remove probation?

I was diving for abalone in California and got caught catching two abalone for a friend. Just FYI, I am not a poacher. My friend got sea sick, so I helped my friend catch two more and got observed by ranger and paid $1500 fine with all equipment confiscated and got 1 year fishing probation. I still think what they are doing is absurd, but what can I do. Anyway, I want to go fishing again before one year and I was hoping to appeal 1 year probation since I have paid fine. Is there a ways to remove probation? If you could help, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Jerry from CA.

Asked on 3/01/09, 1:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan C. Becker Your Lawyer for Life.

Re: Can I remove probation?

You may have cause to appeal the adjudication of you probation, however paying the fine may have caused you to admit guilt. There is an appeal process we could pursue for you; if you an interested feel free to contact us.

Yours truly,


Becker Attorneys


Read more
Answered on 3/04/09, 12:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Environmental Law questions and answers in California