Legal Question in Family Law in California

Do I have the right to know where my 4 yr old daughter is when my ex conceals her on his visitations and the right to know who is watching my daughter when my ex leaves her with someone else.? Many times my ex takes my daughter places where they stay in motel rooms for the night, or camping, etc. This last Sunday I went to pick my daughter up from my ex's place and he hadn't been home since the previous day and I have no idea who was staying with my daughter. He didn't call me to come get my daughter early, or even inform me that he would be leaving her with someone, overnight. In our orders, it says the other parent has first right of refusal if the other parent leaves our daughter for 12hrs or longer. I have physical custody, we share legal custody. Our case is in the Orange County Family Court, Santa Ana, Ca.

Asked on 7/10/12, 12:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

Considering the child's young age, the court would support a more detailed exchange of information as to where the child is staying with the non custodial parent. The best option is to return to court to get specific orders requiring ths information exchange if you don't have language set out in your order.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/12, 6:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California