Legal Question in Family Law in California

In califorina . My girls 8 and 11 father left us. Gave us a 30 day eviction notice to me and told our landlord. We have been together 12 years. I'm a home mom by his choice. Now I have to take care of everything. My girls only know this place and schools. Very emotional for them. Please advise me of my rights. Thank you. Tracina

Asked on 7/08/19, 8:27 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Your situation is too complicated and urgent for an internet question and answer format. Your husband cannot give you an eviction notice. If you are part of a family that is lawfully living in a property, one member of the family cannot "evict" any other member of the family. You need to contact the Alameda County Bar Association to find a qualified Family Law attorney as soon as possible. Anyone on the Bar Association referral service will give a free consultation and may be able to arrange for him to pay some or all of your attorneys' fees as well.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/19, 8:47 pm
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

Tim is absolutely right. Please let the landlord know that you are not moving out.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/19, 8:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California