Legal Question in Family Law in California

I need the Chinese intermediate court in Nanning, china to recognize my divorce in CA USA from a marriage that took place in Nanning, so that I can remarry in China. Can I do this from usa, or from Beijing? How much does it cost and how long does it takw?

Asked on 12/05/18, 8:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

This is not a question for a US lawyer. You have to ask a lawyer in China. It is easy to get certified copies of the US divorce judgment. It is fairly easy to get a certified translation, which you will almost certainly need. A PRC consulate can probably help with that. However, how to get the court in China to recognize it as a valid and binding divorce is a question of Chinese law, not US law.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/18, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California