Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex husband has custody of my two children and he is being charged with domestic violence and also child endangerment also pushing are child causing harm. We have a court date next week and there afraid there gonna be put back in that situation. Since then they have been put with my parents because I couldn't attend the court date but i will be there for the one next week. My kids are scared to go back to there dad they are 15 and 17 what is you legal opinion on them having to go back to him.

Asked on 6/12/16, 11:45 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

You need to contact an experienced family law attorney to immediately acquire emergency protective restraining orders for your children not to be exposed to their abusive father.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/16, 6:49 am
Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

It appears from your description that the case is in juvenile dependency court. You should make every effort to attend every court appearance. Being represented by an attorney with experience in dependency court will enhance a favorable result for you and your children. The purpose of dependency court is to reunify families. You should have all of the contact with your children the court will allow. You can contact the department of social services and discuss the situation with the assigned social worker. This will give you insight into the situation and what you need to do to obtain custody of the children.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/16, 10:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California