Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex husband is threatening to start a legal case to get out of paying child support. The order is in Illinois. He abondened us two years ago to move to Louisiana. We live in California. Can he demand to talk to his kids or get out of paying child support. He doesn't want to visit them. He said this in an email

Asked on 7/12/16, 9:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

The appropriate jurisdiction where child-support should be heard would be in California assuming you and the children have lived in California for the appropriate period of time required by law. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/16, 7:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California