Legal Question in Family Law in California

Hello. I live in California and haven't motified child support since my daughter was born 11 years ago. I feel like i should have it modified soon but her dad lives in Arizona. He has another child (Other Relationship) in which he gives her child support but not court ordered. He pays her more than me and i feel like he will put whatever on the paperwork and if they as for proof he will weasel that easily. Will they take my opinion into consideration? Or should i just leave it alone. I think his other child should be court ordered chikd support so both mothers are getting the fair amount. He can show proof he is paying the other mother but he has also told me he pays her back for a car they owned together so thats how i know he will weasle his way into paying less. What can i do?

Asked on 2/10/18, 6:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

You should at least meet with an experienced family law attorney to run through the different scenarios that would result using the CA support formula. While it is true that the other child your ex is obligated to support will factor into the equation, you still could be looking at a support number that might be higher than what you presently have.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/18, 4:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California