Legal Question in Family Law in California

I live in Placerville CA, I might be incarcerated for a short time. Will my wife be able to sell the house without my permission ?

Asked on 9/12/22, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

If you hold title as joint tenants, tenants in common, or "husband and wife" your wife can never sell the house without you signing a deed, or a divorce judgment awarding her sole title to the house. She could theoretically sell her 1/2 interest, but not likely to find a buyer.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/22, 11:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California