Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have an order with a payment schedule for my ex to pay my attorney fees from 2009. He has not paid a dime. I filed a writ. The court sent it back stating, I need to file a judgement have order. They said since it was only an order the judge has to make it a judgement and then I can collect. Looked everywhere for this form. Help

Asked on 8/15/17, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher M. Brainard, Esq. C. M. Brainard & Associates - (310) 266-4115

You will do a lot better with the help of an attorney assuming your ex has funds to pay. There aren't "forms" for everything you may need to do, you need to reduce it to a judgment and then conduct creditor's exams.... If you know he has the money, contact me or another attorney, agree on a percentage, and allow an attorney to assist.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/17, 12:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California