Legal Question in Family Law in California

can a parent take a child out of state without the other parents consent?

Asked on 7/10/12, 11:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Unless there is a court order to the contrary, yes. If there is a divorce or paternity case pending, however, and the responding parent has been served, there is an automatic restraining order in place against either parent removing the child from the state without the other parent's consent or court permission.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/12, 11:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California