Legal Question in Family Law in California

How can I prove parent alienation in a court of law. My attorney says that the court’s listen to the kids. Well I have a malignant narcissistic ex who’s very vindictive because I had the strength to leave him. His violent outbursts and unpredictable anger had caused me to move out (because he wasn’t man enough to leave). I was in fear for my safety and well being. Because of this he’s going to any length just to make sure I suffer. The way to do it is to alienate me from my kids. He’s made it so my daughter doesn’t want anything to do with me and my son is still a mamas boy but the Dad keeps working on him making it so it’s “a pain to go over to moms house.”

I live in California and my kids are 10 and 12

Asked on 9/27/22, 9:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

This is a question for your attorney. California lawyers are ethically bound not to "butt in" to other attorneys' attorney/client relationship unless it is a consultation about changing attorneys. Since this is a Q&A service, not a lawyer referral service, we can't help you. If you think you need a different attorney you should contact your local bar association's lawyer referral service.

Read more
Answered on 9/28/22, 9:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California