Legal Question in Family Law in California

If someone residing in California uses two names for the purpose of hiding income to avoid paying the full amount of child support due (the person has investments such as stock accounts that were not disclosed) can the custodial parent go back to court, once the child is over 18, and collect past child support?

Asked on 7/02/19, 10:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Past due support under an existing order can be recovered regardless of the child's age. However you cannot go back and retroactively increase the amount due based on new income information unless you can prove the parent actually lied to the court when the existing amount was set.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/19, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California