Legal Question in Family Law in California

I was just served a restraining order (DV-109). The person asking for the order(it was granted) is my sons father, who I've lived with for 7 years or so. The order "protects" him but also my 5 1/2 year old son... from me. We parent our child together. He's made false allegations saying he was afraid I was going to take our son out of the country without his permission and run, and that I have been abusive towards him(sons father). The packet of info that came with the restraining order includes a DV-120, which I think I am able to send in to contest the order, which I of course want to do. I have no job because I have been a stay at home mother to my son since his birth, and have been going to nursing school. I am not sure if this information matters, but he on the other hand has been the provider and pay for everything for the past almost 6 years and makes well around 200k per year. After I got the restraining order today, he told me I legally had to leave, so I did. I will be hopping around from friend to friend right until the court date on the 17th of August but really have no long term place to stay. I can't think of any other info to share, other than I am low income so can't afford a lawyer to represent me on my own, and don't have family that can afford to help either. I guess what I am wondering is what on earth I am supposed to do? What are the next steps to take? How can I find a lawyer willing to help? Is there any way I can see my son before the court date? Sorry if everything is jumbled. I am very stressed and not sure of anything right now. Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Asked on 7/29/22, 10:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys Eng May.2020.v3CS_0.pdf?1659202332988

Read more
Answered on 7/30/22, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California