Legal Question in Family Law in California

Was supposed to split the cost of having a Quadro done on my pension several years ago. My ex didn't want to pay his half and so we never got it done. I've had some people tell me that this will hold up my pension when I try to retire and someone else told me that since he didn't have a lawyer when we went to court the order may not have been turned into the plan administrator and therefore they wouldn't know and it wouldn't be an issue. Thought I'd get the answer from a professional.

Asked on 7/26/22, 6:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Just get the QDRO done. The last thing you need in retirement is an old divorce issue to come back and bite you. If your ex paying half was in the divorce judgment or orders, tell him you'll file an OSC re Contempt if he doesn't reimburse you. I it was only an informal agreement, just suck it up and pay for it.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/22, 8:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California