Legal Question in Family Law in California

The wife cheated habitually in the marriage of 15 years. The husband finally has enough and asks for a divorce. The wife wants him to pay for all her living expenses and pay her alimony for 10 years. He has voice recordings of her indiscretions as proof.

Can he request that she stop using his name after the divorce? There is no history of violence of abuse, is she entitled to spousal support? She works and he works but he makes far more than she does. She cheated, admitted it, it is common knowledge, so it is not disputed. She used him for his money for years and wants him to cough up 4000 in expenses a month and 700 spousal support.

Asked on 2/24/16, 5:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

He cheating will not be allowed into court. He needs to contact an attorney immediately to protect his rights. He has too much at stake to try and get legal assistance on the internet.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/16, 6:01 pm
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

California law abandoned the concept of fault divorce in 1971. Spousal support is based upon the financial circumstances of the parties and other factors. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/16, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California