Legal Question in Family Law in California

My wife's grandson (16) lives with us with his mother and has become a disruptive force (i.e., smoking, drugs, stealing and curfew violations). Do I need to, or can I evict him and/or the Mother to rid ourselves of this pest? We live in California. Thank you.

Asked on 4/14/16, 3:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

More information is needed. The jurisdiction where you live and whether or not it is restrictive on eviction policy is important to determine . If the mother is paying rent and there is an landlord tenant relationship established also is relevant. Please meet with an experienced landlord-tenant attorney to assist you on this question.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/16, 6:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California