Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

fed ex/ theft

I have indisputable proof that someone at the mail center opened my package, removed the contents, then resealed my package in a new envelope w/ a new label and then sent it to the addressee - empty.

I have evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt to prove that this happened where I mailed it and not along its route. I used Fed Ex.

Can I be compensated For the value of the contents? (approx)$300.00-$500.00

And can I receive punitive damages as well? How do I handle this ?

Asked on 4/11/09, 11:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Adam Telanoff Telanoff & Telanoff

Re: fed ex/ theft

Go to the mail center, find the owner, and tell them what happened. Show them your proof and demand compensation.

When that doesn't work, sue the mail center and Fed Ex in small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/09, 11:18 am
George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

Re: fed ex/ theft

All lawyers know ther rarely is such strong evidence as you believe there is. Go to FedEx and tell them what you know, see if they will compensate you, if not sue in Small Claims Court. You can not get punitive damages.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/09, 2:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California