Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

PG& E and ACRT destroyed my property while I was in the hospital. 3 days prior to going into the hospital they came to my house to sign for a dead tree removal in the future months.They came on my property, while in the hospital, cut the dead tree in question and marked my live trees to be cut. This I didn't agree to, or know about. They cut 40 yr old lilac bushes in my front yard, and no less than a dozen huge live cedar trees that lined my property, thus destroying it's beauty. The boss of ACRT, Joshua, came to my house on Sept 27. 2018 and told me I signed permission for the damage they did. The paper he gave me was a forged copy of the paper I signed but his copy is an altered copy of the page I have. I have both copies. They know they goofed and have offered nothing to help except to clean up the mess they made! I feel violated, and it damaged the resale value of the back half of my property. I don't know what is fair but cleaning up their damage isn't fair. I have no one to help or advise me and am recovering from massive heart surgery while all of this was going on.

Asked on 12/18/18, 3:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

It is entirely possible you may be entitled to double or even triple your damages. See, for example, the case of Salazar v. Matejcek, (2016) 245 Cal.App.4th 634. Anyone in your position should seek representation by an attorney. There may be time deadlines which could prevent you from being compensated, so try to find a lawyer right away. If you do not have a source of referral to a good attorney, you can try the website of the State Bar:

Read more
Answered on 12/19/18, 10:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California