Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California


I made some pornographic movies with someone who is now an ex-girlfriend.(not professionally, for our own amusement at home).She has them downloaded on her computer and adamantly refuses to relinquish any part of them to me.Can she do this legally?Do I have any recourse to help me obtain at least copies of them?Can she legally post them on the internet without my consent? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Asked on 8/26/08, 7:23 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Pornography

You can sue her if she posts them, and we often help people get content removed from websites. You may or may not have a right to a copy; it depends on the facts. Let us know if you want to push this issue.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/08, 11:52 am
Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Re: Pornography

You are probably entitled to a copy of the film, but without more facts I can't be sure. She is also probably entitled to keep a copy.

Posting the film online would not be a crime, but it would subject her to a civil suit by you. Assuming that you made these films in private and haven't made them available to others, you should be able to win such a suit. Whether she has sufficient assets to pay any damages you are awarded is another question.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/08, 1:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California