Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

1. I have been arrested in the past and when I first applied for US residence through marriage I was asked to provide original or court-certified copy of the complete arrest record and/or disposition for each incident, in which I did receive from the courts and sent in my package. 2 years later I'm asked for the same thing for form I-175, I have ^copies of the originals from 2 years ago. is that sufficient?

2. I'm asked for joint tax returns with my spouse. Though I know this question may seem unnecessary I must ask knowing how strict USCIS can be. Is form 1040 sufficient or do they need every single page of the return? In 2017 my full tax return was over 100 pages..

3. Lastly, since my marriage was deemed to be entered in good faith after my initial interview, is it necessary to provide evidence (ie. photos, phone logs, bills, etc) from the very beginning of the marriage or is just the past 2 years that I was granted residency acceptable?

Thank you for all your help!

Asked on 12/19/18, 11:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

For an I-751 RFE response, you can provide copies UNLESS they request originals. You should be able to submit the 1st 2 pgs of your tax returns UNLESS they request all pages, schedules. etc. You are required to submit joint documentation from the date of CR approval until the present UNLESS they ask for an expanded time frame. You may want to consider having an Attorney assist you with the RFE response (it might be worth the money in this case). Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/18, 7:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California