Legal Question in Immigration Law in California


I'm scared and seeking help with my situation. I have overstayed in the Philippines by about 5 years. I also married here. We have 4 kids and I wish to remain here with my family. If I try to pay any fees for overstaying, will I also be imprisoned? Will I be deported/blacklisted? I don't want to be separated from my wife and kids. I have sought financial help from a family member and I hope I'm able to pay what is needed but I'm very scared my family will be split up and I will be jailed. I again, cannot stress how scared I am. I am in over my head and want to make things right. Does anyone have advice, help to offer me please. Thank you for reading.

Asked on 9/15/20, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

I can only advise on U.S. immigration law. You would need to contact an attorney licensed in the Philippines. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/20, 6:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California