Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I was rear-ended while stopped at a red light. We pulled over to exchange info and I recorded or conversation where he admits hitting me. There wasn’t a lot of damage so I didn’t call the police, I made a police report a few days later at CHP, where I was told the guy didn’t have a valid license.

The guy that hit me wouldn’t return the phone calls from his insurance company, Progressive, until they threatened to sue him. I gave a Progressive my evidence and damage and they agreed to pay for my car damage and said that they’d cover whatever medical costs I’d incurred.

After we had an agreement, everything suddenly change and they reversed their decision and said that their client wasn’t liable because he’d suddenly told them that he had a witness who saw me roll back and hit his truck. This isn’t true, there wasn’t a witness and I have video to prove this. The part that makes me the most mad is that my insurance company, State Farm, and Progressive appear to be in collusion, as the day that State Farm told Progressive, when they asked, that I did not have comp and collision, progressive knew that State Farm wouldn’t pursue them to recoup their costs of my claim, since they wouldn’t have to to cover my damage because I only had liability instance, Progressive decided they would say the accident was my fault, although I have proof af their client admitting fault.

Is there anything I can do to hold this guy and progressive accountable, for the damage to my car?

Asked on 11/30/18, 10:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Other than suing the guy that hit you there isn't much you can do. If you were injured, hire a lawyer if you know any such lawyers. Otherwise, feel free to contact me. 888-9ENFORCER; 888-936-3672. If no bodily injuries, take the guy to the small claims court, if your damages are less than $10K.

Take care,

Read more
Answered on 11/30/18, 12:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California