Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I was with a company for 12 years and laid off/let go while at work, with an explanation that sounded spontaneously made up. I didn't get a final check that day. I never got any info or paperwork so I wrote and asked for my personnel file, copies of documents I signed and payroll records. I have not rec'd the documents I signed or any payroll info. I've been given the runaround and its been 40 days. what should I do

Asked on 9/01/20, 5:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Contact an attorney. You've already described what appear to be multiple violations, in that the company didn't timely pay your final wages (Labor Code section 201) and hasn't provided you with a copy of your payroll and personnel files (Labor Code sections 226, 1198.5). If those are the only violations, then a letter from an attorney should get the company's attention. There may also be additional violations, which an experienced employment lawyer should be able to uncover.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/20, 5:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California