Legal Question in Employment Law in California

Can I sue my ex employer for firing me? I worked for a community service district in calif for 7 years. There is a board of directors and a general manager and 3 other employees. One of the employees is the general managers husband. That man showed me pictures of his penis he had on his cell phone. I stated I wasn’t comfortable and he teased me and left.deveral other instances happened so i complained to one of the board of directors. She passed it to the chairman who then said I was a liar and the other board member said I was untruthful. The member I made the complaint to made the board investigate the complaint . The day after making the complaint The general manager wrote me up for thing I apparently did within the previous 2 years. I had almost daily harassing emails, written up for anything in g and everything. But allowing other employees to come in late. She made comments to other employees when i entered the room and would say watch out or she will complain.

I was then. Put on administrative leave till investigation concludes. I was fired 2 days after placed on. Leave without the investigation being over. The board also I feel voted illegally without enough members.

I have been daily harassed. Have hours taken away. Sent emails and now I’ve been fired. My paycheck is inaccurate because they say I don’t get my overtime because it wasn’t approved and change my hours

Is this all legal ?

Asked on 7/07/20, 3:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


It appears that you were terminated because of your complaint for sexual harassment. You can file a civil wrongful termination case against your employer for sexual harassment and retaliation. You can also file a worker's compensation claim for psychiatric injuries due to sexual harassment and retaliation. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/20, 11:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California