Legal Question in Employment Law in California

what can I do when your employer won't pay you for the last three months

Asked on 8/21/18, 2:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

Claims for unpaid wages can be pursued either before the California Labor Commission, or in court. If the amount you are owed is less than $10,000, you can sue in small claims court. If you are no longer working for that employer, additional penalties may apply.

You may want to talk to a lawyer that handles wage and hour claims for employees. A favorable judgment can in many cases result in an attorney's fee award.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/18, 3:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California