Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I've been a live in caregiver for over 2 years. The person I take care of knows how dead animals extremity bite me to the point I feel ill. His neighbor gave him a dead duck 3 weeks ago and he had it on the outside patio table in the front walkway then moved it to in front of the front door. I have asked him several times to please move it. He said he didn't know how much it bothered me but I told him how much it bothered me. He knew that all along. He gets off on irritating me and making me upset.. knowing b this last week he bought another duck and it is in a plastic bag and he put it on the top shelf in the refrigerator. After a week there I asked him to please do something with it. After a week he now has placed it next to the kitchen sink on the counter. It's been there for days. I have stopped doing dishes because I find it so offensive. He Kross saying he had forgotten about both ducks and planned on moving b then. He has not. Can I sue him for mental abuse?

Asked on 1/22/22, 11:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

No. Although you may be able to quit and collect unemployment.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/22, 4:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California