Legal Question in Employment Law in California

Which type of Lawyer specializes in disputes with EDD (employment development department) in California? I'm in San Jose.

Asked on 10/21/10, 9:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

I don't know of any, because there is no money in it. Unemployed people generally can't pay a lawyer, and those who can generally don't hire one because the amouts involved would usually be less than the attorneys fees. You might see if there is a law clinic at Santa Clara University or Stanford, or some other legal aid group, that takes that kind of case pro bono.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/10, 12:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California