Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

We asked our tenant to move out because we need to sale the place. They lived in the unit for 7.5 years. Do I get to subtract the money that we need to fix all the holes, broken doors and other items? I know that I cannot charge for painting the place but the other items would help me.

Asked on 10/23/15, 4:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nicholas Spirtos Law Offices of Nicholas B. Spirtos

After 7.5 years, there are fewer and fewer things that you can ask a tenant to pay for. Check the department of consumer affairs website for the tenant's right guide they have there. It explains the issues fairly well.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/15, 9:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California