Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

My business office is located in a home that my father rented from my business. My company owns the home/ office. Office is used daily. A nonpaying live-in/ friend/guest has been living with my father for 7 mos. Father has passed away, Said guest is now denying access to business office( even with separate entry). Can she legally do this??

There is no rental agreement with this person. I have collected no rent from her.

Asked on 9/05/14, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paymon Bidari Bidari Civil Defense

No. You should start an unlawful detainer action after giving this person a 3 day notice to vacate.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. 714-525-5570.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/14, 5:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California