Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

My landlord has not served me a 3 day pay or quit and now he is telling me that I need to be out by Sunday and he"s changing the locks .What do I do?

Asked on 9/20/18, 8:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

If you’re locked out without having gone through the process, 1) have a lawyer email a letter reminding the landlord of his/her exposure to penalties (do this in advance); 2) have the police accompany you to the property. Also, carry a copy of your rental agreement to show the police who should help you.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/18, 8:45 pm
Samuel Stamas Law Office of Samuel G. Stamas

That is very sound advice. Also, even if the three day was served he can't lock you out without first going through the judicial process.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/18, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California