Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I live in California, my brother inititally lived with me, his adult son moved in at some point. My brother paid rent and helped around the house, my nephew doesnt work, doesnt pay and does minimal things around the house. My brother passed away, my nephew has been at his mothers for a week and a half. They said they were coming to get his stuff. Now they are saying he has a lot of stuff, so they will be doing it a little at a time, a day here a day there, and they would let me know when they would be coming. Is there anything I can do to get him out of my house?

Asked on 4/02/22, 12:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Sure, there are legal ways you can get him out or get rid of his stuff. Decide if it's really worth the legal fees and conflict. If so, contact the Alameda County Bar Association's lawyer referral service.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/22, 9:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California