Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

A tenant backed out on an agreement to rent a few days after she paid rent & deposit, keys given to her, a few items moved onto property, but did not return a signed I entitled to lost rent until I can find a new tenant?

Asked on 4/26/19, 2:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Yes, but you must take all commercially reasonable steps to re-let the property as soon as possible. You can hold back pro-rata lost rent and necessary expenses of finding a new tenant. The remaining funds must be returned to her.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/19, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California