Legal Question in Legal Ethics in California

I got a traffic ticket. I spoke to a lawyer because I planned to fight it. The lawyer showed up to my trial claiming I hired him but I didn't. He forced me to pay him after so I could have the results of the trial. He lost my trial what can I do

Asked on 7/05/16, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

File a complaint and demand for fee arbitration with the State Bar of Calfiornia to get your money back. Without a written fee agreement he is not entitled to any fee.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/16, 2:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in California