Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

On July 3,2008, I fell from stepping in an unfilled area (the cement had been previously scored and not sealed back up) in the parking lot of an Indian Casino. My fall resulted in dislocated and severly broken ankle in which I immediately had surgery and the placement of a steel plate,pin and 6 screws. I can never wear any type of footwear with heels again, nor stand for long periods. I had (about 7 days after the accident) contacted an attorney, who sent approiate papers for me to sign. A few months later the attorney said another attorney will be handling the case, he gave me the name and her number (she is a partner with the firm). My question is can I get another attorney? This attorney never returns my calls. She is never in the office,and the receptionist will not let me speak to anyone else at that office. I cannot get even an estimate of what I may get for my injury, lost of wages, and other expenses that incurred duing that time.

Asked on 1/23/10, 10:30 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Daniel Bakondi The Law Office of Daniel Bakondi

I am an attorney who is very dedicated to serving my clients. I always keep clients informed as to what is going on. I am happy to take a look at your facts and give you a free consultation. Please call my office.


Daniel Bakondi, Esq. [email protected] 415-450-0424

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication may contain confidential information, privileged information, or attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient or received this message in error, any use or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited and unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately, and delete this message. No attorney-client nor confidential relationship is created through this communication. Nothing communicated or provided constitutes legal advice nor a legal opinion unless it so specifies and written agreement for attorney services has been entered into. Your issue may be time sensitive and may result in loss of rights if you do not act in time. Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/10, 10:38 am
Bryan C. Becker Your Lawyer for Life.

I am sorry to hear about your injury. On a personal note, I actually had a rod and 4 screws inserted in my leg so I know what you are going through. Yes, you may "fire" your attorney at any time and hire new counsel. Unfortunately, your experience with your current attorney is too common. It is why I started practicing in personal injury law in the first place. To provide clients with the type of service they deserve.

Feel free to contact me (phone or email is great). I would be happy to provide you with my thoughts.



Becker Attorneys

Your Lawyer for Life

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 1/28/10, 12:14 pm
George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

You always have the right to "fire" your attorney. Normally they work out some agreement with your new attorney as to how much they will be compensated from what the new attorney earns, so your total cost of attorneys does not increase. In your case, it appears that they have done next to nothing. You can certainly tell your new attorney how you were treated and your opinion as to whether they should get any compensation.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/10, 3:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California