Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Can I get money for my medical bills? I was rearended.

Asked on 1/16/24, 7:41 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Worth Robert J. Worth , Professional Law Corporation

If the person who rear ended you was insured then that person’s insurance should not only your medical bills but also pay for the damages to your car, any loss of earnings related to the treatment of your injuries plus compensation for your related pain and suffering.

If the other driver was uninsured the your own uninsured motorist insurance coverage should similarly cover you but not for your car damage. The car damage would be covered under your collision coverage, (less your collision deductible), assuming there was car damage and you have this coverage. I hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/24, 9:42 pm
Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

Yes, of course. The legal system is very useful for obtaining not only money for medical bills, but for the pain and inconvenience caused by your injuries. If you lost income or had other expenses. those can be paid for as well. You should talk with personal injury attorneys. Almost all will give you a free case evaluation, and you won't have to pay them until you get the money for your case. Do not give a statement to the other driver's insurance company, or talk with anyone about your case until you have spoken with a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/24, 11:41 pm

Yes, You can be compensated for medical bills and pain & suffering. Feel free to call me at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 1/17/24, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California