Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was parked at a red light with a car in front of me. A car behind me did not see the red light and rear ended my car. My car was projected forward and hit the car in front of me. The car in front is now suing me. I am fully insured. Am I liable for their damages.

Asked on 11/30/22, 7:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys


No but you need to file a claim against the car behind you. Is there a police report and do you have the insurance information of the other car? Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/22, 9:36 pm
Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

You don't need a lawyer. Just tender the claim to your insurance company. They will provide you a lawyer to defend the lawsuit. It is unlikely that you would be found liable, but if in some unusual way you contributed to the accident, your insurance company would pay any judgment.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/22, 11:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California