Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

suing county

Hello I was arrested about a year ago, for under the influence of a controlled substance. The police came into my home because my boyfriend was on probation and a search and seizure. The police found nothing and illegally took me to the police station without a warrant,, and made me do a urine test. I was not on probation. The case against me was dismissed. I put out $5000.00 attorneys fees and then a $1000. bail because I was arrested when I did not appear. Is there any way I can sue to get my lawyers fees back and the bail money? I also moved because of the embarrassment the police put me through. The not only arrested me in front of all my neighbors but they went up to every single unit in the building and rang the doorbell at 7:00am. they literally embarrassed me to death. Is there any way of getting my money back now that my case was dismissed?

Asked on 6/17/09, 6:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joe Marman Law Office of Joseph Marman

Re: suing county

I think there may be statutory immunity to the agency, but I have not researched those issues.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/09, 4:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California