Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My attorney was suspended from the practice of law in CA in 2014. In 2010, he filed a lis pendens on my behalf. In 2011, he filed a request for dismissal that was approved and filed. The county recorder will not accept the dismissal to release the lis pendens on my real estate title. I prepared a notice of withdrawal of lis pendens but the clerk's office said I needed a substitution of attorney and I needed the original attorney to sign -off on it. He is long gone. I wish to represent myself. How do I clean up this mess?

Asked on 11/15/17, 7:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fred Valentine Law Offices of Fred L. Valentine

An attorney would need to review the documents to understand the issues. This shouldn't be that hard to resolve.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/17, 6:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California