Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Can I hire an attorney to help me in court? I am going pro per and to have an attorney to coach me when I speak in court. I'm a plaintiff with simple case worth big $. I'll give a third of lawsuit also.

Asked on 11/23/18, 7:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

There are many ways to hire attorneys for court cases. The most common is to have an attorney provide "full representation." The attorney can be paid by the hour, by a percentage of the recovery, by a combination of hourly and percentage, or by a flat fee. As an alternative, "limited scope" representation means the attorney does some of the work, and the client does the rest. The client and attorney decide how this is to be done. Under this type of arrangement, it is certainly possible for the attorney to prepare the client to make their own arguments in court. See, for example:

Read more
Answered on 11/23/18, 10:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California