Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I broke my arm when I was little and my parents did a settlement when I become 18 I'll get a check every couple of year, I'm 27 now and Im basically homeless living house to house and going to school. I really need the money for housing ,paying for school and maybe a car. I dont know if I can get some cut of the money to help out right now but anything on my situation will help me alot

Asked on 1/16/20, 1:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

There are companies that will purchase a portion of your settlement and pay you from that money. Courts have various policies about limiting the amount of money those companies can keep, since there can be a steep penalty. Do an Internet search for a phrase like "getting cash from a structured settlement."

Read more
Answered on 1/16/20, 2:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California