Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

We are in California. My husbands grandmother passed away 4 years ago. There was a will and she left an executor. The executor refuses to comply with the courts request for documentation. We feel (no proof) she has spent the money that was left from the sale of a property. Do the participants that are listed in the will to receive the all proceed have legal recourse action against the executor? Can we force her to comply with the courts requests? The executor's husband is related to the grandmother. The executor her self was not to receive any disbursements.

Asked on 12/08/17, 8:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

Yes, beneficiaries can petition the court to compel accountings, and even to remove and replace the executor.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/17, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California